I have a treat for you guys today, an easy recipe for a Peppermint Lavender Foot Scrub. There are only four ingredients needed, and most are basic household items.
Here is what you need:
- Epsom salt – 1 cup (or course sea salt)
- Vegetable Oil – 4-6 tablespoons (any carrier oil will work: coconut, olive, jojoba, etc.)
- Lavender Essential Oil – 6 drops
- Peppermint Essential Oil – 6 drops
- Food coloring – 3 drops (optional)
Mix the ingredients together and you are done!
Place in an air-tight container and use as needed. This would also make a great gift for Mother’s Day, a Birthday, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Christmas or any special occasion.
I use my foot scrub a few nights a week, during my kids’ bath. While bathing them I sit along the side, soaking my feet in the tub. After a good soak, I’ll scrub my feet with this Peppermint Lavender Foot Scrub. Aside from smelling wonderful, the peppermint is so cool on my skin. It’s a nice little treat for my tired feet.
For more recipes check out our other blog posts. While most of them use Lavender Essential Oil, you could substitute it with another essential oil of your choice.
Fore more information on the uses and benefits of Lavender Essential Oil and Peppermint Essential Oil, check out our other articles:
- Benefits and Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
- More Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil Tips & Uses