At Butterfly Beauty Shop we have just launched our own brand of lavender essential oil. Lavender essential oil is one of the most versatile oils on the planet because it can be used in so many different ways on a day-to-day basis.
Lavender Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the flowers of the lavender plant. Pure lavender essential oil contains no additivies, bases or carrier oils. The latin name for this 100% pure and natural lavender oil is “lavandula angustifolia.”
Did you know, the roots of current day aromatherapy are often traced to the French chemist Rene-Maurice Gattefosse, who plunged his hand into a bucket of lavender essential oil after accidentally burning himself? He was amazed at the rate of recovery and minimal scarring from the burn. Fascinated by his experience, he began to study the effects of essential oils on the body and used them in hospitals on soldiers during the First World War.
Lavender has been known to assist with inflammations of the skin, acne, eczema, wounds, burns, scars, sunburns, bug bites, itching, pain related to arthritis, sprains & strains. Lavender is also used to relieve headaches and stress, menstruation, loss of hair, nausea, as a disinfectant, stress reliever, antidepressant, insomnia and more. When in doubt, try lavender!
Here are some ways you can use your lavender essential oil:
- Add a few drops of oil to water to sooth a sunburn.
- Dilute 8 drops of oil in water to use as a hair rinse.
- Add lavender to your favorite unscented oil and use to massage the ease of tension headaches. (At the first sign of a headache gently massage the oil into the temples and around the head and neck.)
- Apply undiluted oil to insect bites and stings.
- Add a few drops to the bath (for you or your child) to soothe and calm the nerves.
- Use in your aromatherapy diffuser to help you get a better night’s sleep.
Stay tuned for more helpful tips and/or join our mailing list at email@example.com for our monthly newsletter.
Looking for a 100% pure, natural, pesticide-free Lavender Essential Oil? Check out our French Lavender Essential Oil. We tried many samples of lavender essential oil from around the world and nothing compares with the quality — get a premium lavender oil without the expensive retail price. We are certain you’ll love it which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee — if you don’t love it we’ll refund your purchase.